“This world is but a canvas to our imaginations.” — Henry David Thoreau

Friday, April 5, 2013

Cheddar & Chive Biscuits

Everyone loves the cheddar biscuits at a well known restaurant that I won't mention, but it's name is reminiscent of Crimson Crustacean. I adore those delicious biscuits, so I decided to try my hand at making a copy-cat version at home.

I started off with the obvious: cheddar cheese. I decided to stray a bit from the restaurant's version, and man, did I like what turned out. A hefty spoonful of chives later, and we've got cheddar and chive biscuits, but they're not a far cry from the famous Cheddar Bay Biscuits at Red Lobster. Whoops. I said it.

If you're interested, here's my recipe.

Cheddar & Chive Biscuits
Recipe by Sara (stuff-by-sara.blogspot.com)

2 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
8 Tbsp butter
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp dried chives
3/4 cup milk

2 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp garlic powder
pinch of salt

Combine flour, baking powder, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and 1/2 tsp salt. Add 8 Tbsp butter. Mix until crumbly. Add cheese and chives. Toss together. Add milk. Dough will be rather thick.

Drop by large spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet. This recipe will make 10 to 12 biscuits. Bake in a 375ยบ oven for 12-18 minutes.

Melt remaining 2 Tbsp butter. Add parsley, remaining garlic powder, and salt. Brush hot biscuits with butter mixture.

Enjoy at least one biscuit while it is still warm. Pat yourself on the back for making biscuits instead of going out to a pricey restaurant. Repeat.

No comments: