“This world is but a canvas to our imaginations.” — Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

YW Value Signs & Class Signs

For those of you who don't know, I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (sometimes known as the Mormon Church).

In our church, we have a program for Young Women that starts when girls turn 12. Part of this program is an event called New Beginnings that usually takes place at either the beginning of the calendar year or the beginning of the school year. This event is intended to welcome new young women and introduce them to the Young Women's (YW) program.

This year, we had our New Beginnings in September. We decorated our Young Women's room with a colorful banner, and signs about Young Women. I had fun designing signs that represent the Young Women Values (Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice & Accountability, Good Works, Integrity, Virtue) and the YW classes (Beehives, Mia Maids, Laurels).

I would love to share my designs with you! Each sign is designed to fit a standard 8 1/2 x 11 inch piece of paper or cardstock.


For the YW Values, I printed each one, then cut a 1-inch border on each of the sides (leaving me with a 6 1/2 x 9 inch paper). I then mounted each of these on an 8 1/2 x 11 inch piece of colored cardstock. For the value of virtue, I found some really awesome sparkly gold poster board. We covered our bulletin board with it, and we happened to have a piece left over that measured 8 1/2 x 22 inches. I cut it in half, and voila! gold border for my Virtue sign. How serendipitous.


The background pattern extends to the edges of the page, if you would rather not cut and mount them. You could also cut or print these to be 8x10 and display them in picture frames.

Find the YW Value signs here (this is a link to a google doc, which you should be able to download).


I printed the YW class signs on white cardstock. There is no special background for them, and the text extends closer to the edge of the page than the YW Value signs. These also could be printed and displayed in 8x10 inch frames if you so choose.


For the YW Class signs, click here (also a google doc).

Even if you aren't having New Beginnings at this time, I hope these will be helpful to you for YW room decor. Our girls loved the new decorations and asked that we leave them up.

No comments: