“This world is but a canvas to our imaginations.” — Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Lucky Leprechaun Punch

I know this is a bit late, but things have been crazy around my house lately! My darling sister gave birth to a beautiful baby, so I've been a little distracted.
isn't she sweet?

Even in the midst of baby-excitement, my family found a way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. My family likes to celebrate St. Pat's in style. We go all out with corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, and lots of green food to accompany the traditional Irish fare.

This year, I concocted what I like to call "Lucky Leprechaun Punch." My brother-in-law said he would drink it everyday, so don't think you have to save this for next St. Patty's Day. You can break out this tasty beverage anytime you want! I think that kiddos would be especially excited over a vibrantly green refreshing drink.

Lucky Leprechaun Punch
Recipe by stuff-by-sara.blogspot.com

1 packet lemon-lime drink mix  (I used Kool-Aid)
1 can frozen limeade concentrate
3/4 cup sugar
1 quart water
2 liters lemon-lime soda (Sprite, 7-Up, Sierra Mist--whatever tickles your fancy)
1-2 cups ice

Combine all ingredients in a punch bowl or gallon-size pitcher. Stir to combine. Enjoy!

No comments: